Something the majority of us cannot live without…Microsoft Office. From the first day I started using a computer, the packaged software was there to make like so simple. Over the years, Microsoft Office has been able to simultaneously evolve alongside each individual and their required set of needs. From Word and PowerPoint to Excel and Outlook, what would we do without these apps?
When the team launched the Office 2016 edition, I was so eager to sink my teeth into the advancements and begin playing around with the mechanics brought on board to simplify work and personal life when it comes to writing, organizing and documents.
Office 2016 delivers new versions of the Office desktop apps for Windows, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Project, Visio and Access. By subscribing to Office 365, customers can get always-up-to-date, fully installed apps for use across their devices, combined with a continually evolving set of consumer and commercial services, such as OneDrive online storage, Skype for Business, Delve, Yammer and enterprise-grade security features.
Built for team success, Office 2016 apps simplify collaboration and remove barriers to team success. The set of apps are ideal for university students, department and managerial teams. Personally, I solely believe teamwork success comes from being organised, up-to-date and efficient with all the work done. Now that Office 2016 has made this more accessible, there shouldn’t be any excuses moving forward. Here are my three favourite new advancements:
- Co-authoring is now provided in Word, PowerPoint and OneNote desktop software, including real-time typing in Word that lets you see others’ edits as they make them.
- Skype in-app integration across the rich client apps allows you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Office 365 Groups are now an integrated part of the Outlook 2016 client app and available on your favourite mobile device through the Outlook Groups app, delivering a consistent team experience across the suite.
Other than being great for teamwork purposes, Office 2016 has also be able to adapt built-in intelligence to help you work faster and smarter.
- Outlook 2016provides the smartest inbox yet, with lightning-fast search and automatic removal of low-priority mail.
- Tell Mehelps you quickly find the right Office feature or command, and Smart Lookup brings insights from the Web right into your documents.
- The most recently used documents list allows you to pick up right where you left off, traveling with you across your devices, whether you are working in Office Online, in the Office Mobile apps or in the Office 2016 desktop apps.
Now, see as we’re all very protective of our work, especially when it comes to annual budgets, company presentations and work emails, Office 2016 has worked towards being able to better enterprise security and protection.
- Built-in Data Loss Prevention across Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook significantly reduces the risk of leaking sensitive data, giving IT administrators tools to manage content authoring and document sharing policies.
- Multifactor authenticationensures secured access to content anywhere when you’re away from the corporate network.
- Enterprise Data Protection will be available for the Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 later this year and for the desktop apps early next year, enabling secured content sharing within corporate boundaries.
Be sure to upgrade to the new Microsoft Office 2016 here!