The following are SEVEN deadly suit sins no gentleman should ever commit in a million lifetimes. So be weary of them all. Here they are:
1. Undone Top Button – Never ever, I mean ever, leave your top button undone if you are wearing a tie. Even the best of us (Ryan Gosling above) occasionally make the mistake. So if you do choose to undo your top button because your collar is sucking the life out of you, just make sure you remove your tie.
2. Missing a Belt Loop – Failing to manoeuvre your belt through your trouser’s belt loops can be quite embarrassing. Always double check you’ve covered all the loops before you head out. For some rad belts, check out THE ICONIC‘s selection here.
3. Crooked Straight – Forgetting to adjust your tie every half an hour will make you look like a tool in the photos flooding your Facebook newsfeed the morning after your outing. I’m currently in love with Paul Smith‘s tie selection, check it out here.
4. Ill Fitted Suit – Make sure your suit is tailored to your body measurements and isn’t hanging off you like a raincoat. For a well tailored suit check out our friends over at Institchu here, or you can have a geez at M.J. Bale‘s colletction.
5. Bottom Blazer Button – If your blazer has three buttons, use the guide above before you make a fool of yourself.
7. Unpolished shoes – You’re better off going barefoot if you chose to leave your house with shoes that are more worn out than 14 year old’s playboy. You’re a gentleman now, you can’t be asking your mother to polish your shoes every weekend. Check out MR PORTER‘s tutorial on the art of shoe shinning here.